Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Goddess exhibition


Goddess: Divine Energy is the first major exhibition in Australia to explore the many manifestations of the divine female in Hindu and Buddhist art. Over 150 exquisitely carved sculptures and delicately composed paintings from India, Tibet and Nepal, dating from about 2000 BCE through to the 20th century, have been gathered from collections around the world for display.


I'm often disappointed that museum web sites show so few works of art that it's hard to tell if any given exhibition is worth a visit. Not this time. I'm absolutely convinced that I would visit the the Art Gallery of New South Wales if only I lived a little closer.

If you're geographically challenged like me, you can still enjoy the Goddess: Divine Energy site (which requires Flash 8). It's a little heavy on the Love & Light, but the graphics are very, very pretty.


Kali

No comments: