Sunday, November 05, 2006

War Gods of Babylon & War Goddess

Much of what I write about I get through Google Alerts, an indispensable tool that emails me every time a subject I'm interested in is mentioned in the news. I have been reading about Persian religion and mythology, and figured that I should add the name Zoroaster to my watch list. Had I not done that, I might have lived the rest of my life not knowing about these gems.

..after the queen is crowned, the Amazons go to meet a group of Greek soldiers for their annual mating. The king of the Greeks pretends to be a captain and has sex with the queen. Much to the queen's dismay, she quite enjoys having sex with a man...


Uh. I think I might give War Goddess a miss. War Gods of Babylon, on the other hand, sounds spectacularly awful in quite a different way, and may even be entertaining.

...a conflict exploited by the governor of conquered Babylon, Arbaces, who convinces Samos to make himself king of Babylon and rebel against the rule of Sardanapolos, with the support of his faithful friend Hammurabi. Betrayals ensue, climaxing in a special-effects extravaganza as the gods of Babylon wreak their vengeance upon Assyria...


Suddenly Troy and Alexander don't seem so bad anymore.

No comments: