Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Golem, the musical

You can learn unexpectedly useful things from reading your web site statistics. Last night I was looking through the logs, and discovered that someone in England had arrived here through searching Google for golem, musical and Prague. I did I similar search myself, and this is what I found.


The story of our musical takes place at the end of the 16th century in Prague. These were the days of the reign of Emperor Rudolf II who was known to like mysticism. In the Jewish quarter, the ghetto of Prague, lived Rabbi Leib, known as the Holy Maharal. The legend tells how the Rabbi succeeded to give life to a creature he formed from Vltava River mud by writing secret holy letters on the creature's forehead. This is the Golem. The Golem went out to fulfill special important missions that you will see throughout the play. And of course there is a love story, laughs and tears, and a lot of good music.


Unfortunately, I can't offer a better link than this.

No comments: